2 支出
Dialogue 對話
At the moment, Steven and his wife Julia are talking aboutthe family’s expenses.
Julia: Steven, how much would it cost to move?
Steven: About 3,000 dollars.
Julia: That’s a lot of money. Hospital billshave already made deep inroads into oursavings. Do you think the rest of yoursalary will be enough to cover our dailyexpenses?
Steven: I am afraid not, Darling.Our expenses are mounting.
Julia: We have to cut back onour shopping from now on.
Steven: Don’t worry. Maybe I can find a part-time jobto increase my income.
Julia: I hope so.
此刻,史蒂文和他妻子茱莉亞正在討論家庭開支。
茱莉亞:史蒂文,搬家的開銷是多少?
史蒂文:大約3000 美元吧。
茱莉亞:很多錢啊。住院的開銷已用去我們一大筆積蓄。
你覺得你剩下的錢足夠支付我們的日常開銷嗎?
史蒂文:恐怕不夠,親愛的。我們的開銷正在增加之中。
茱莉亞:從現在開始我們得縮減購物開支了。
史蒂文:不要擔心,或許我可以找個兼職來增加收入。
茱莉亞:希望如此。
Vocabulary and Phrases 單字和片語
mount [maʊnt] v. 登上,爬上,上升
cut back on... 減低……
Key Sentences 核心句型
家庭消費狀況
1 I plunked down $ 350 for a silver necklace.
我花費了350 元買了條銀項鍊。
2 It will cost me 500 dollars to repair the car.
修理這部汽車要花費我500 美元。
3 A great deal of his money goes for rent. 他的錢大部分用於租房子。
4 Our expenses averaged out to 35 dollars per day.
我們的支出平均每天35 美元。
5 The cost of my lunch averaged two dollars a day.
我的午餐平均每天花費兩美元。
6 My father has had to defray the cost of my education.
我父親得支付我的教育費用。
7 Hospital bills had made deep inroads into our savings.
住院的費用已花去我們一大筆積蓄。
8 She spent one-third of her income on clothing and cosmetics.
她把自己三分之一的收入用於服裝和化妝品。
9 My expenditure this month amounts to $800.
這個月我花了800 美元。
10I spent $50 on the bike. 我花了50 美元買下那輛自行車。
11Income and expenditure exactly balance. 收入和支出正好相抵。
12All this spending is a drain on the money I have saved.
這些開銷正在耗光我的積蓄。
13An annual holiday is a big expense. 一年一度的假期是一筆大開銷。
14Our monthly household expenditure is four hundred dollarsaltogether.
我們一家的開銷每月共計四百美元。
15My wife keeps a record of our daily expenses.
我太太將日常開銷都記錄下來。
16I’d rather economize on clothes and food than travel.
我寧願節衣縮食,也不願節省旅遊費用。
17Older people shouldn’t skimp on food or heating.
老年人不應過分吝惜食物或取暖方面的開銷。
節省開支
1 We have to cut back on our shopping from now on.
從現在開始我們就得縮減購物開支了。
2 Mother always buys many things during bargain sales to savemoney. 為了省錢,母親總是在商品特賣時購買許多東西。
3 Jack economized by taking buses instead of taxis.
傑克不坐計程車而改乘公車以省錢。
4 We save money wherever we possibly can.
我們會盡可能地節省開支。
5 I had to scrimp and save to pay for my holiday.
我必須節省開支,以支付度假的費用。
6 With our income sharply reduced, it is common sense to reinin our expenditures.
由於我們收入明顯減少,所以緊縮開支是很明智的。
7 Unless a tight hold is kept on the purse strings, a man can soonfind that his family is spending more than he is earning.
要嚴格控制開支,否則,一個人很快就會感到他家中入不敷出。
8 We have to control our expenses. 我們得控制消費。
9 We must regulate our spending. 我們必須控制我們的開銷。
10I’m getting short of money. I have to draw in my expenditure.
我缺錢,得節省開支。
11A penny saved is a penny earned. 省錢就是賺錢。
12Providence is better than rent. 寧可節省,不可借貸。
13Jack is saving for a house. 傑克正在存錢準備買房。
14He is trying to save money by walking to work.
為了省錢,他走路去上班。
15To save money, we traveled second class.
為了省錢,我們乘坐二等艙旅行。
16She saves money in every way she can.
她在各方面盡可能地省錢。
17We are going to take the bus to save money.
為了省錢,我們打算乘坐公車去。
18He shopped at bargain-basement shops to save money.
他在地下廉價商店購物來省錢。
19He is saving to buy a computer. 為了買電腦,他在節省開支。
談論開銷
1 I’ve spent all my earnings. 我把賺的錢都花光了。
2 My husband’s weekly lunch bills exceed my monthly income.
我丈夫每週午餐的花費超過了我的月收入。
3 My mother never withdraws her savings to buy unnecessary things.
母親從不領出積蓄去買多餘物品。
4 Do you think the rest of your salary will be enough to cover our dailyexpenses? 你覺得你剩下的薪水足夠支付我們的日常開支嗎?
5 How much money do you spend each week? 你每星期花多少錢?
6 Running a car is a great expense. 開一輛汽車花費很大。
7 House repairs, holidays and other expenses reducedmy bank balance to almost nothing.
修房、度假和其他開銷使我在銀行的存款所剩無幾。
8 My expenditures are restricted by my income.
我的支出受收入的限制。
9 How much would it cost to move? 搬家的開銷是多少?
10 I’m considering buying a second-hand refrigerator becauseI’m short of money now.
因為現在錢不夠,我正考慮買台舊冰箱。
11Our expenses are mounting. 我們的花費正在增加。
12It’s very shortsighted not to spend money on repairing our house.
你不肯花錢修理我們的房子,眼光是非常短淺的。
13After defraying all the expenses, they were able to lay asideNT$10,000 each month.
在支付所有的開支以後,他們每月能存下一萬元。
14Have you figured out the expenses? 你把開銷都算出來了嗎?
15 He is always spending. 他揮霍成性。
16He contracted huge debts by rash spending.
他由於亂花錢而背上沉重的債務。
17She spends too much on clothes.
她在衣著上花費太大。
18If you want to waste your money, that’s your business.
你要亂花錢,那是你自己的事。
19My brother flings his money about on luxuries.
弟弟亂花錢買一些昂貴的奢侈品。
20I argued with my wife over household expenses.
我跟太太爭論有關家庭費用的問題。
21It’s too much of an expense for me to own a car.
對我來說,擁有一輛汽車的花費太大。
22You have wasted your money on things you don’t need.
你花了冤枉錢,買的是你自己並不需要的東西。
23John gives his children the best education that money can buy.
約翰不惜花費金錢,讓孩子得到最好的教育。
3 保險
Dialogue 對話
Steven’s father Ben has advised Steven to buy a life insurance.
Now they are talking about it.
Ben: Hey, son, are you insured?
Steven: Not yet, but I’m thinking of it.Have you bought insurance, Dad?
Ben: I took out a life insurance policy andmade your motherthe beneficiary.
Steven: Can you tell me why youwanted to buy it?
Ben: I am a fireman, and it is adangerous job. I have to consideryour mother.
Steven: Oh, I see. Do you advise meto buy an insurance policy?
Ben: You have children now.What if something, God forbid,happens to you?
Steven: That’s true. Well, how much do you think I should get?
Ben: A $100,000 policy shouldn’t be too expensive.Here, call my agent. He’ll give you a good deal.
史蒂文的父親本建議史蒂文買一份人壽保險。
此刻他們正在談論此事。
班:嗨,兒子,你買保險了嗎?
史蒂文:還沒有,不過我正考慮呢。爸爸,你買了嗎?
班:我買了份壽險,受益人是你母親。
史蒂文:你能告訴我你為什麼要買嗎?
班:我是消防員,工作很危險。我必須考慮到你母親的生活保障。
史蒂文:哦,我明白了。你建議我買嗎?
班:你現在也有小孩了。萬一有什麼不測,當然但願不會如此,那該怎麼辦?
史蒂文:那倒是。哦,你覺得我應該花多少錢買這個?
班:10 萬元保單不算貴。給你這個,打個電話給我的保險經紀人,
他會給你一個合理的價錢。
Vocabulary and Phrases 單字和片語
insure [ɪnˋʃʊr] v. 給……保險
beneficiary [͵bɛnəˋfɪʃərɪ] n. 受惠者,受益人
fireman [ˋfaɪrmən] n. 消防隊員
dangerous [ˋdendʒərəs] adj. 危險的,不安全的
forbid [fɚˋbɪd] v. 禁止,阻止,不許
agent [ˋedʒənt] n. 代理人,代理商
Key Sentences 核心句型
人壽保險
1 He has life insurance. 他投保了人壽保險。
2 She has taken out a life insurance policy. 她辦理了人壽保險。
3 What is the sum you are insured for? 你的人壽保險額是多少?
4 Have you insured yourself? 你投保人壽保險了嗎?
(也可以這樣說:Do you have life insurance? )
5 Would you be interested in buying life insurance?
你有興趣買一份人壽保險嗎?
6 I am thinking of taking out a life insurance policy.
我正在考慮買一份人壽保險。
7 It is advisable to insure your life against accident.
建議最好買人壽保險,以防意外發生。
8 Do you mean life insurance to protect against accidents?
你的意思是人壽險是預防事故的嗎?
9 A life-insurance policy may serve as security for a loan.
人壽保險可作貸款的抵押。
10I insured my life for£5,000. 我投保了5000 英鎊的人壽保險。
11I decided to buy a life insurance policy of one hundred thousanddollars. 我決定買十萬美元的人壽保險。
12I started paying premiums on my life insurance last year.
我去年開始支付人壽保險費。
13I took out a life insurance policy and made my wife the beneficiary.
我參加了一份人壽保險,妻子是受益人。
14 I have life insurance, and my home and its contents are alsoinsured. 我買了人壽保險,我的家和裡面的東西也都入了保。
養老保險
1 What is social endowment insurance? 什麼是社會養老保險?
2 Who provides the money for endowment insurance funds?
養老保險基金有哪些來源?
3 My son bought endowment insurance for me.
我兒子給我買了養老保險。
4 Who should be concerned about rural society endowmentinsurance? 哪些人應參加鄉村社會養老保險?
5 You can inquire online about endowment insurance codes.
你可以上網查詢相關的養老保險法規。
6 Pension schemes are important in a social welfare system.
養老保險制度是一項重要的社會福利制度。
7 You will get basic retirement benefits from our company.
退休後,你就能得到基本養老保險金。
8 The government encourages people to save money for theirold age. 國家鼓勵人民開展儲蓄性養老保險。
9 There is a consensus among citizens of the need for theestablishment of an endowment insurance system for farmers.
建立農民養老保險制度已經成為社會的共識。
失業保險
1 Do you know how to get unemployment insurance?
你知道如何得到失業保險嗎?
2 Are you eligible for unemployment insurance?
你有資格享受失業保險嗎?
3 You can enjoy unemployed insurance. 你可以享受失業保險的待遇。
4 Your unemployment insurance will start from the third week ofyour unemployment. 從你失業的第三週起,你的失業保險就開始生效。
5 According to the rules, unemployed people cannot enjoyunemployment insurance benefits if they do not activelypursue employment.
依據規定,失業人員在主動辭職的情況下,不能享受失業保險待遇。
6 Given its limited coverage, the insurance program is incomplete.
失業保險目前因涵蓋面有限而並不完備。
7 At the end of 2000, a total of 100 million employees were coveredby unemployment insurance.
截至2000 年底,總共有一億人享有失業保險。
8 More and more people are living on unemployment insurance.
越來越多的人靠失業保險金過日子。
9 Unemployment insurance also extends the time a personstays out of work. 失業保險延長了失業者的待業時間。
10We need to improve the unemployment insurance system.
我們需要完善失業保險制度。
11Unemployment insurance can cover the basic living expensesof the unemployed. 失業保險可以保障失業人員的基本生活。
醫療保險
1 How do I pick a good medical plan? 我該怎樣選擇好的醫療保險?
2 What kind of medical insurance are you covered by?
你享有哪種醫療保險?
3 Do you have health insurance? 你有參加醫療保險嗎?
4 What do our medical benefits cover? 我們的醫療保險包括哪些?
5 Nearly 30% of people are now without health insurance.
近30%的人現在沒有醫療保險。
6 How much is the co-pay for this medical insurance?
這種醫療保險的自付率是多少啊?
7 Do you agree with the concept of mandatory health insurance?
你是否同意強制醫療保險?
8 Most health insurance plans do not pay for long-term care.
大部分醫療保險不會支付長期療養費用。
9 The government offers its employees excellent health insurancebenefits. 政府給員工提供很好的健康醫療保險。
10Some people receive medical coverage from large employers.
一些人能從大的雇主那裡得到醫療保險。
11When employees lose their jobs, most of them lose their healthinsurance, too.
一旦員工們丟了工作,多數也同時丟掉了其醫療保險。
12Do you have insurance, or will you be taking care of this yourself?
你有醫療保險,還是藥費自理呢?
13Most foreigners have insurance to pay for treatment.
大部分外國人都用醫療保險來支付治療費用。
14Have you ever thought of getting medical insurance?
你是否想過購買醫療保險?